N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canadapost Shipping

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuu
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuu

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2005-12-17

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Richmond
Tags:

Canadapost Shipping Empty
PostSubject: Canadapost Shipping   Canadapost Shipping EmptySat 05 Apr 2008, 2:08 am

Many of the veteran members of PG Airsoft Club knew about the incident I had about few years ago with me shipping KSC USP compact to buyer on ASC. However it was seized and return to me without any charges or offense(s), cause security in airport scanned the package and I could say violated my privacy rights.

However, Canadapost has recently re-written a policy under shipping anything firearm related, although we're using airsoft guns still we're in Grey area between replica and toy. So without further a due...

Effective IMMEDIATELY (March13th, 2008 memo, Vol.12, No.5), Contract (Company) customers must ship firearms by Expedited Parcel with Proof of Age with Signature option. Non-contract (People like us) customers are to use regular Parcel Post with Signature.

So why is it related to my incident a few years ago? Well, after the shell-shock I decided to follow the same procedure that Canadapost has now enforce. REGULAR GROUND shipping with INSURANCES and SIGNATURE

The one main reason for this change is because the recently Airlines company refuse to transport anything firearm related at all, and cases like mine has been issue and hassle for Canadapost to deal with.

So caution for all, USE REGULAR GROUND shipping with INSURANCES and SIGNATURE. Really don't cheap out the extra insurance cost even though Canadapost is crappy.

I got the source from CanadianGunnutz if you like to read more, sign up and here is the link.

h ttp://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231316
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: The Cariboo!
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Canadapost Shipping   Canadapost Shipping EmptySat 05 Apr 2008, 10:39 am

yeah this was posted on ASC about two months ago when someone got their gun returned. I have never shipped anything other than Xpresspost or better yet if it's within BC, greyhound.
Back to top Go down
macguyver
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
macguyver

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Canadapost Shipping   Canadapost Shipping EmptySat 05 Apr 2008, 11:01 am

I thought firearms MUST be shipped with Priority Courier with signature required. This is law and posted in the CCC, as Canada Post's most secure shipping method.
Back to top Go down
Yuu
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuu

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2005-12-17

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Richmond
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Canadapost Shipping   Canadapost Shipping EmptySat 05 Apr 2008, 1:14 pm

macguyver wrote:
I thought firearms MUST be shipped with Priority Courier with signature required. This is law and posted in the CCC, as Canada Post's most secure shipping method.

It been on debate over CGN, but quester is very happy that it been change. As I stated before and CP has stated that it because the recently a few Airliner refused to transport firearms goods on domestic flights. I don't see the issue here and among many forum members agree that its will increase the time of the shipping and not the security.

Drache wrote:
yeah this was posted on ASC about two months ago when someone got their gun returned. I have never shipped anything other than Xpresspost or better yet if it's within BC, greyhound.

Thats was two months ago the rules was not enforce by CP now as of March 13th, 2008.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadapost Shipping   Canadapost Shipping Empty

Back to top Go down

Canadapost Shipping
Page 1 of 1