N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptySun 26 Nov 2006, 11:02 pm

A bit off topic, but has anyone tried out RB6 Vegas yet? I had the demo for my 360 and it kicked ass. I've been waiting eagerly for the full game but haven't managed to get it yet.
The weapons can be customized with scopes, RDS, silencers, etc... and there's a shitload of them.

Mk. 23
USP40
92FS
Glock18
Desert Eagle
Raging Bull
MP5
MP7A1
UMP45
P90
MP9
MAC11
SCARC-H CQC
M8
AUGA3
G3KA4
552C
G36C
MTAR21
FAMAS
AK47
MK46
21E
M249SPW
MG36
M3
SPAS12
870MCS
XM26-LSS
PSG1
M40A1
SV-98
Scout Tactical

Here's a quote from one of the reviews:

Quote :
What Vegas lacks in lap-dances though, it makes up for in hard-as-nails realism. Like every Tom Clancy title, Rainbow Six is Clancy-proofed, meaning that every weapon is accurate in appearance, reload time and recoil. If the Glock 18 can't be customized with a silencer, then by God the Glock 18 won't be customized with a silencer. Even on the outfitting screen, the weapons look exactly like their real-life counterparts. We know because we googled.

And the weapon selection is diverse, featuring a number of assault rifles, submachine guns, shotguns, machine guns and pistols. If you are low on ammo, go ahead and pry an AK-47 from the cold, dead hands of an enemy. You are able to carry two large weapons or one large weapon and a bulletproof shield, which is another great way to play the game. Along with those slots, you can carry a pistol and two gadgets, such as frag grenades, C4 explosives, non-lethal flashbangs or smoke grenades to mask your movement. And again, every weapon is accurately modeled, every blast radius is right on, and every bullet is deadly.

In the field, the focus on realism means that Keller and the rest of Team Rainbow can only take a few bullets before the blood-red Game Over screen pops up. And even then, a single head shot or well-placed blast from a SPAS 12 will put you on the floor. A regenerating health system allows for some breathing room.

Regenerating health system? Now before you get your Kevlar assault panties in a bunch, know that Ubisoft did not throw an overshield on its operatives. You will still die, and die plenty, so much so that inexperienced players will find even the normal difficulty setting too challenging. And the Realistic setting? Fuhgetaboutit. A bullet or two is enough to take you out. When you do take a bullet to the arm or the leg, your vision is blurred, the screen goes dark red, and all you can manage to do is move away from enemy, fire and take cover, and pray. If you manage to escape harm and take cover, your health will slowly recover. Compared to an energy bar, this health system keeps the action flowing while retaining a high level of difficulty.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptySun 26 Nov 2006, 11:22 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that it's a fps but it switches perspective when you take cover so you can peek around corners or over the cover to fire or you can blind fire around the corner to keep people's heads down. It's tactical and you use cover kind of like in Gears of War but it was implemented better IMO. In the demo I started with a scoped 552 and an MP5 with a RDS and I tried a few other weapons off of dead terrorists including the AUG the P90, and both the MP5 and 552 without the scope and RDS as well as the UMP45 the FAMAS and an MG36. All the weapons seem to have a different feel to them and they sound different as well. Too Cool! Smile

I'm going to hopefully snag the full version on Tuesday. I'm hoping this game will tide me over until it warms up a bit and I can get some airsoft in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2006, 12:47 am

bring it to PG and we'll do some mulitplayer so we can all wait out the cold season! Have any screen shots?

Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) 965_0002
Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) 965_0003
Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) R6-5_jpark
Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) Tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-20060712021955923
Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) Rainbowsixvegas6
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2006, 2:44 am

Nice screens! It looked pretty amazing on my 50" in 720P so maybe you guys will have to come up here and play. Smile

I hope it has split screen multiplayer like Halo because I don't have highspeed in Moberly. Sad
Back to top Go down
DB19
CMob MEM
CMob MEM

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-07-24

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Chetwynd
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2006, 12:50 pm

I bought some games like Gears of War, Call of duty 3 and FEAR. I have high speed so I play on the internet with them so Ill have alot to do this winter. But Vegas is going to be sweet looking forward to buying it. If you are looking for a really scary first person shooter get FEAR pretty freaky game. I think telus is comming out with a high speed internet so you might be in luck wayne. That is if they decide to bring it to moberly.

**EDIT**

If you want to see some game play just got to www.IGN.com .

Last edited by on Tue 28 Nov 2006, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jackboot
PG MEM
PG MEM
Jackboot

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2006-06-15

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: hubert rd. PG
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2006, 9:08 pm

I'm just waiting for it to come out on PC. Smile
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptyWed 29 Nov 2006, 10:32 am

Must get more sleep... but there's more terrorists to kill! Smile

This game kicks so much ass! Tactics and coordination are vital as well as utilizing cover. I was playing split screen co-op terrorist hunt with my wife last night and whenever we split up we got shredded by the AI. I think it even allows 4 player split screen and network co-op so you can play as a full squad vs. the terrorists.

So much fun... I think I'm feeling sick... maybe I better go home for the afternoon. Smile

New favorite sidearm: Glock 18c. But the mags are so small I only get three bursts and I have to reload. Not at all like the 21 bb's in my airsoft Glock. Smile
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptyWed 29 Nov 2006, 5:23 pm

Wow Wayne, I gotta find me a girl who will play video games with me... anyways, seems like a wicked game, hope my crappy laptop will be able to run it...
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) EmptyWed 29 Nov 2006, 5:50 pm

Yep, she likes fps games and airsoft. I lucked out! Smile

I was wrong, it only allows 2 player split screen. Apparently there are some issues with the balancing of the weapons as well. I didn't really notice them last night but apparently the SMG's are more accurate when fitted with scopes than the Assault rifle's??? Maybe that explains why Amanda was kicking so much ass with an MP7 while I was getting rocked every time with my scoped 552. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)   Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Six Vegas (dial-up bad)
Page 1 of 1