N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

airsoft kelowna?

Go down 
+3
beach_boy
twsmith
the spork of death
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the spork of death
NIA New
NIA New
the spork of death

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2006-03-16

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 12:48 am

im so far out of the loop apperantly, with my band and work in kelowna i havent been the AK shop in a couple months, i went to see what they had for pistols today on their web site and it said they are closed due to recent changes in airsoft in canada . could some one give me some advice of what happened as i am lost Sad
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 1:00 am

Apparently customs has raided several retailers in BC and seized some shipments to a couple of the retailers in Alberta. I think AK has decided to remove their web site to reduce public exposure. Fucking customs... more concerned about toy guns coming in to the country than real guns! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 1:33 am

I thought they were closing for good, just because they didn't want to deal with all this legal stuff that is happening... so they thanked everyone for their business and they were going go on with something else...
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 3:02 am

Ouch, that sucks. I was hoping they'd be back once customs got the bug out of their ass.
Back to top Go down
mr_buddley
PG MEM
PG MEM
mr_buddley

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 12:25 pm

If you are currently in Kelowna, go to the Army Surplus store on Dolphin (i'm pretty sure...it parallels Kirschner). talk to Albert and ask what they might have remaining. Terry works near-by the store and has popped in to meet with me on a couple of occasions.
And if they have M-14 stuff, I am interested.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 12:26 pm

a big part of it was that 007 brought in an order legaly but the border still siezed it all. That being said there is allot of money to loose when you bring over $10000 in guns over just to have it all siezed. They arn't playing by their own rules so allot of retailers are shutting down so they can leave the busness while they are still in the black and don't have allot of angry customers. Look at the retailers bar on ASC (when it goes back up) and see how few are left.

AK and 007 never got raided they both just dropped out (007 because of a siezed shipment). Spec arms got raided and so did some guys house in vancouver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 1:37 pm

I think A&A is the only retailer left that sells stuff... although I think I found another one.... just somewhere else
Back to top Go down
Darklen
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
Darklen

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-07-10

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 2:06 pm

A&A state the only rent to movie productions. ASCA is the only "retailer" remaining, but you have to be age verified to purchase.
Back to top Go down
http://raat.hyperboards.com
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 3:41 pm

I guess it's a good thing Horton's an age verifier then... https://www.air-soft.com/ I found this on an internet adventure the other day. By the looks of it, it's based in Vancouver (the area code is 604)... but I haven't looked any further into it...
Back to top Go down
Darklen
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
Darklen

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-07-10

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 3:58 pm

That's part of Xtreme Precision, who were the major importers for pretty much everyone else. they were hit by customs first. Just because the site is still going, doesn't mean they have anything to sell.
Back to top Go down
http://raat.hyperboards.com
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyThu 05 Oct 2006, 6:33 pm

Gotcha, thanks Darklen
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyFri 06 Oct 2006, 12:00 am

Thankfully we have Canadian Customs to protect us from the evil airsoft monster. Rolling Eyes Maybe I should start playing paintball instead. Although I've heard that they have started cracking down on more realistic looking paintball guns as well. (Like any paintball gun could be mistaken for a real gun!)

Sometimes I seriously consider moving to the US. I wish our politicians would grow some balls and tell soccer moms to mind their own business. Heart disease kills thousands more people in this country than guns do, and airsoft (as far as I am aware) has yet to kill anyone. If they don't like airsoft guns, then they don't have to buy them for their kids, but why should taxpaying adults be unable to purchase equipment for their hobby? The video games and television sets they plant their kids in front of are a greater risk to their kids' health than airsoft guns. Obesity in this country is a far greater health risk, at least airsoft gets people outside and exercising which is 1000 times healthier than sitting on their asses in front of a TV or computer.

I can think of a lot of toys more dangerous than airsoft guns. Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles and stray hockey pucks all cause more injuries to kids and adults alike. Maybe we should ban all sports which require safety equipment. That way their precious little babies could stay at home and live long enough to die from heart disease before they have a chance to move out of their parents' basements.

As for the use of airsoft guns in crime, what would you rather be robbed with a real gun or an airsoft gun? I'd rather have a stressed, possibly high or mentally ill person pointing an airsoft gun at me than a real gun. Knives and syringes are much cheaper and readily available weapons for them to use in crime, so why even worry about them using expensive and relatively harmless airsoft guns. The government should punish the criminals not the responsible taxpayers who just want to be able to conduct their hobby in peace.

As responsible airsofters, we store and transport our airsoft guns to the playing field safely and responsibly. When we play, we wear proper protective eyewear and we respect the club/field rules. So why should we be oppressed by soccer moms, Canadian customs and the existing firearms regulations for playing a sport which is safer than Canada's national past-time (hockey)?

Free Airsoft!
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyFri 06 Oct 2006, 12:13 am

WOOT! That sums up more thoughts then I even had on the issue.
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyFri 06 Oct 2006, 5:55 pm

That's bang on! Reasonable law abiding citizens are paying the price just because a few people get it in their TRUCKING heads that these toys are going to turn there little babies into criminals. Hell there is more blood and guts in video games and movies then most people well see in there entire lives. This is starting to sound very similar to gun registration, and all of the bullSPIT that's been going on with it.edited by Horton
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyFri 06 Oct 2006, 9:02 pm

Hey Gryph I don't want to single you out, but just watch your language a bit dude.

Thanks

Good job on that one there Smith...
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? EmptyFri 06 Oct 2006, 9:13 pm

can't resist...must abuse moderator powers....BULLSPIT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

airsoft kelowna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: airsoft kelowna?   airsoft kelowna? Empty

Back to top Go down

airsoft kelowna?
Page 1 of 1