N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BB regulations

Go down 
+6
nilloc93
KendoIV
Lucuis
skully
Mortified Penguin
Acorn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

BB regulations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BB regulations   BB regulations - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

I have to agree with Dave. Liability was one of my primary reasons for being so uptight about the use of silica bb's. I've seen BB Bastards, Airsoft Elites, Madbull, etc., shatter or split in half on occasion when striking metal surfaces. I used to run an angle grinder in a steel fabrication shop and even with a full safety shield and glasses I still received a couple slivers of steel in the eye. Silica was much too big of a risk for me and a much larger risk than plastic fragments from cheap bb's. I've always considered cheap bb's more of a risk to the guns than to the players, they jam mags and guns and break internals and half the time they don't even fly straight. I've always been of the opinion that if someone chooses to abuse their gear by using crap bb's it's their own problem.

That being said, if the host wants to limit the players to better quality bb's it's within his right to do so, but I would suggest having some quality bb's available for sale to new players. Unfortunately regardless of this, even with waivers and everyone agreeing to abide by the rules the host could still be found liable if something goes wrong and someone gets injured. Waivers don't offer much protection in court.
Back to top Go down

BB regulations
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft :: The Club :: BB's Bar-
Jump to: