N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

unexpected FPS jump

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Local
Tags:

unexpected FPS jump Empty
PostSubject: unexpected FPS jump   unexpected FPS jump EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010, 4:19 am

So the outer barrel on my JG G36 cracked at the point that holds the hop-up unit and inner into place. I replaced the outer barrel with a new one and was expecting some fitting issues but nothing that I little dremilling would not fix. Got it all together to discover a 50fps jump. I had a spring that was doing 250 now doing 300. What really got my attention was the original spring that I had cut down for CQB but could not test after cutting because of the outer barrel issue was now doing over 400fps...yikes. Glad I tested it instead of just trying my spring cutting abilities!!

So to anyone looking for a spike in FPS I can strongly recommend shimming your hop-up a little closer to the gear box. If you have a JG G36 the outer barrel replacement on evike is the part I used. I fully expect that the added pressure on the hop-up rubber from having the unit sit a little farther back will eventually wear it down a bit and this amazing airseal will be lost but until then...50fps with no work to the internals at all.

I should also add that putting the 250fps spring in meant going from 11.4 rps to 14ish rps...little added bonus.

Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca

unexpected FPS jump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft :: Quatermaster :: Doc's corner-
Jump to: