N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Club Name & Insignia

Go down 
+9
=Daes=
wookie_man
Revan
twsmith
Hortons Heros
R.A.T.M._JLD
Gryph
the spork of death
beach_boy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

Club Name & Insignia Empty
PostSubject: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 12:59 am

I moved this topic over to a new thread in hopes that it will generate some responses by itself.

As I believe we have somewhat decided we are NOT going to buy matching camo. We are going to act as some militant group, with mismatch, whatever we want layouts. Hopefully this is cool with everyone. Anyways if and when we decide to go on a road trip and play other teams we are going to have to be distingished as a team. Therefore we need something.

Now I don't know what your guys standings are with club patch insignias but it seems like a logical thing to do. But before we can decide what should be on it we need a name for our club. I have no problem with Prince George Airsoft Club, but it does sound a little dorky, but then again so does any name. I want to gauge interest and get your guys ideas of any potiental club names or something along those lines.

For Example: South Sask Mercenaries, Dogs Of War, PDW, AK TEAM...etc

Second of all we need Insignias. Let your creative minds go... post your pictures up here for all to see, but if you can try and leave it in a PSD (Photoshop File) or Illustrator or as an Acrobat file for in the future, as these types keep their quality better than MSpaint.

I will volunteer to take care of this, unless someone else wants to do it. Send all your designs to mikegobig(at)gmail(dot)com (in a PSD or something similar, JPEGs and such will be changed and therefore be altered) Once you email it to me it becomes property of the club and the respective members. This also means that I can change things as I see fit, but nothing is completely commited until the club is fine with the designs... Let me know what you guys think, I'm just very picky with this type of stuff...

Any Comments, suggestions?
Back to top Go down
the spork of death
NIA New
NIA New
the spork of death

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2006-03-16

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 8:54 am

i know a guy that does increadable art work, hes doing a bunch of stuff for my band and it looks awsome, although it takes him a little wile. il get him to draw up some stuff and il send it to you if you would like
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 9:13 am

We are in the Cariboo (Not sure of the spelling there) area, at least that's the proper name from back when this area was being settled, so we should consider something like the Cariboo merc.s
I personaly would like to see a mithical creature as our insignia. most likely a dragon or some such thing.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 3:56 pm

Just a note, as I do not want to take the lone reponse ability on designing these things send me your mock designs or atleast an attempt. I will freely doctor them up, but I don't want to have to try to intrepret your ideas... so basiclly think of it as a contest....
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 6:49 pm

Are you going to be at the game on the 22nd. I've got a few ideas I'ld like to talk to you about. I can't send pics over the computer, it will receve but not send don't know why.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 7:19 pm

Yup I'll be there, if you have something drawn up I can scan it into my computer for everyone else to see...
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 8:06 pm

I'll try to have something drawn up for you. any ideas on a club name or are we just sticking to the P.G. airsoft club.
Back to top Go down
R.A.T.M._JLD
NIA New
NIA New
R.A.T.M._JLD

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2005-11-06

Player Info
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 8:09 pm

Its lame but I would like to see something with a Canadain feel but maybe not this much.
https://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/PGairsoft/Insignias/?action=view&current=untitled.gif
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 8:28 pm

Sweet, good job. Nice and simple.
Back to top Go down
R.A.T.M._JLD
NIA New
NIA New
R.A.T.M._JLD

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 8:33 pm

Just need something tuffer looking. Not saying mooses are tuf but yeah.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 8:55 pm

Okay, so I did a little digging and found a few insignia's from other clubs around Canada and such. Hopefully this gets some of your guys' creative sides bubbling.... [I am not posting these because I think we should copy one, it's just so you guys get idea.... that is if you didn't already] Sorry for the random sizes, I'm supposed to be studying and am too lazy to do it.

Mike

Club Name & Insignia 10385uq Club Name & Insignia 807167007422c07e5ac0eb8pu Club Name & Insignia Edmonton1dy Club Name & Insignia Bgatf3800xatfpunisher9ww

Club Name & Insignia Mpchdlogo9ad Club Name & Insignia Mli2qk Club Name & Insignia Raat5fg Club Name & Insignia Newlogo36yz Club Name & Insignia Rapatchasc7ya Club Name & Insignia Title3ra
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyWed 19 Apr 2006, 4:10 pm

Just to point of thought. Try to use only 2-3 colors in your designs. The less colors we use, the cheaper it'll be to produce. Remember that black and white count as colors as well.

I have 8 hours in 2 different airports on Friday, I'll try and get something designed while I'm waiting...
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 2:03 am

Just posting Wookie's design up for him.

Club Name & Insignia Airsoftinsignia0ge

I like it, keep them coming guys. Go ahead and submit more than one. Keep in mind that it needs to be something small enough to fit onto a patch. Like the ones above.

Keep the coming guys, the more we get the more ideas we share and therefore a better chance of pleasing a larger majority of you guys.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 12:18 pm

if we go with the Prince George Airsoft we'll end up being the PGA and I'm pretty sure that's a gold championship.

I am cutting up sponges right now for my works summer craft and realize that I am much less artsy then I think I am so I won't attempt a drawing.

We could do something snow or winter themed like a mean looking snow man with an army helmet and an M16...smoking a cigar.

EDIT- I tried drawing one but you can imagine it looking a little more detialed and mean! We could call ourselves the snowmen.
https://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/PGairsoft/Insignias/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

Just for kicks
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 5:06 pm

Dave that M4 is sweet, maybe you should have drawn it without the orange tip! haha, I'll try to get one done in the airport for yah.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 12:58 am

Wookie's Insignia #2
Club Name & Insignia Insignia23hh
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 1:20 pm

Check out this website for some historic type logos and ideas like the British military used.

http://www.heraldryclipart.com/

Pegasus would be a good symbol for PGASU or PGA-SUS

Prince George Air Soft Unit
Prince George Airsoft Surveillance Unit
Prince George Airsoft - Special Urban Surveillance
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 4:16 pm

Saint George was adopted as the patron saint of soldiers.

Here's a link to a clipart image of Saint George slaying a dragon http://www.heraldicclipart.com/catalog/george-and-dragon.html and another link explaining the significance of Saint George.
http://www.britannia.com/history/stgeorge.html
Back to top Go down
the spork of death
NIA New
NIA New
the spork of death

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2006-03-16

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 10:10 pm

how about saint george with a sniper rifle
Back to top Go down
R.A.T.M._JLD
NIA New
NIA New
R.A.T.M._JLD

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 11:09 pm

the spork of death wrote:
how about saint george with a sniper rifle
Good idea but how about we keep it out of Riligest things; how about King George V.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptySun 23 Apr 2006, 9:57 pm

I'm not religious myself, I just like the symbolism of St. George and the association with chivalry and honour. I'm not trying to say we rename the club after Saint George or anything, just that we could use Saint George or the George Cross in the Insignia because we have George in the club's name. The banner of St George, the red cross of a martyr on a white background, was adopted for the uniform of English soldiers possibly in the reign of Richard 1, and later became the flag of England and the White Ensign of the Royal Navy. Have a look at the Ontario flag and the Alberta flag, they both have a George Cross incorporated into them as do the Manitoba flag and the Yukon flag. BC's flag has the Union Jack on it which already incorporates a George Cross. Ok, so maybe the George Cross is a bit overused... but I haven't seen it as an airsoft insignia. Smile Incidentally according to that web site today is St. George's Day!

I believe PG was actually named after George IV as he was the prince regent when Fort George was established. I did a bit of research on George IV and he doesn't sound like the ideal monarch to use as a symbol for the club. He sounds lazy and was apparently a bit of a dandy but largely unremarkable. Of course it wasn't called Prince George when it was established so maybe Fort George was actually named after King George III or possibly after St. George as I believe it was established around the time of Fort St. James and Fort St. John.

This is from that web site.

In more modern times, St George was chosen by Baden-Powell, its founder, to be patron of the Scouting Movement, and on St George's Day, scouts are bidden to remember their Promise and the Scout Law. Baden-Powell recounted in Scouting for Boys that the Knights of the Round Table 'had as their patron saint St George because he was the only one of all the saints who was a horseman. He is the patron saint of cavalry, from which the word chivalry is derived'.

In 1940, when the civilian population of Britain was subjected to mass bombing by the Luftwaffe, King George V1 instituted the George Cross for 'acts of the greatest heroism or of the most conspicuous courage in circumstances of extreme danger'. The award, which is second only to the Victoria Cross, the highest military decoration, is usually given to civilians and can be given posthumously. The award consists of a silver cross. On one side is depicted St George slaying the dragon, with the inscription,'For Gallantry'; on the other appear the name of the holder and the date of the award. For lesser, but still outstanding acts of courage, the King created the George Medal. This also is a silver cross, with on one side the reigning monarch and on the other St George slaying the dragon. The island of Malta was awarded the George Cross for its heroism in resisting attack during World War 11.

Last edited by on Sun 23 Apr 2006, 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptySun 23 Apr 2006, 10:39 pm

Somebody with some artistic talent (not me) might be able to use this in their design.

http://www.genealogicaljourneys.com/coats/stgeorge.htm

Coats of arms and heraldry were created as insignias and had elements and symbols which had meaning. They have historically been used to identify military units and I believe would provide far better insignias than corporate type logos, etc...

Just my opinion.

Wayne

Last edited by on Mon 24 Apr 2006, 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 1:41 am

That's pretty sweet there Wayne. I appreciate your input. I also liked the PGA-SUS idea. The St. George cross looks pretty sweet. The coat of arm or whatever the link was is pretty sweet as well. I like how the incorporation of our fair cities name into your design/ideas is looking. Good work. Keep it coming!

*NOTE:* This is a note to everyone for the insignia stuff in general. Please try not to shoot down one's opinion on things. Be constructive if you are going to criticize, that means build the person up, and add pointers on things that could be cleaned up a bit better. Do NOT shoot down other people's designs and ideas.

Also if you flame, you better back it up. I do not appreciate people who will say one guys design(s) or ideas suck and then does not contribute with their own ideas or designs. Unless that person asks for your opinon. So if you want to flame on someone's ideas, then you better get your act together, design your own, and be ready for a flame fest!

I'm offline as of Tuesday, stupid job. I'll be gone for 10 days so I believe that means I'm returning next Saturday. And will have 4 days off. Feel free to continue to email me your insignia's as I will be able to check my email once and a while, and I will bring my computer to continue to work on my own and touch up others.

Thanks,
Mike
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 2:38 am

This isn't intended as a flame, so please don't take offense, but why Outriggers? I'm not sure what fishing equipment has to do with airsoft, or is there some other meaning I'm missing?
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 9:05 am

I'm cofused by the outriggers one as well. Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Name & Insignia   Club Name & Insignia Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Name & Insignia
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next