N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M4/16 discussion

Go down 
+3
Lucuis
Recon Kid
Acorn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Prince George
Tags: ---

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 4:42 pm

looking at two guns from G&G, both M4's

https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/electric/gandg-m4-carbine.html
and
https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/electric/gandg-m4-carbine-rec.html

the only difference is the plastic body, the more expensive one has a metal upper receiver, the lower priced one is fiberglass/nylon

are G&G guns in this price range any good? or should I just buy a bargain bin AK?

Last edited by Acorn on Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Recon Kid
Admin
Admin
Recon Kid

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Prince
Tags: ---Recon,Kid,Ghost,TJ

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 6:07 pm

lil more expensive but I've done a side by side ICS and G&G and got a run down on an ICS M4 and the forward assist actually works on this gun. (My GG model has it as an esthetic feature thats all). the ICS forward assist releases the spring tension when your finished shooting or don't shoot for a while. helps your spring last a lot longer. and i'm not sure about ICS but G&G has a feeding issue, that could just be mine.. well i ran into so many issue with my gun i think they threw scrap parts together for my gun lol. (bad one outa the batch kinda thing).

my two sense

this particular site has multiple variations on the M4. So you can choose what you want right down to: starting front mounts, stocks, and few other accessories.
http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/catalog.php?cat=1

hope this helps in your search.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70409&id=561352985&
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Player Info

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 6:48 pm

so what you're saying is an ICS may be better choice?

edit: I think I'm in love http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=175&cat=1
Back to top Go down
Recon Kid
Admin
Admin
Recon Kid

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Player Info
Geo: Prince
Tags: ---Recon,Kid,Ghost,TJ

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 7:12 pm

emphasis on maybe Razz
nice looking A4. and don't think you wont use the tac rails. i bought the normal M4 w/o rails and I'm kicking myself in the butt cause i didn't. but again. my two sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70409&id=561352985&
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Player Info

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 7:14 pm

if I get an M4 it will get RAS, I refuse to buy something without it, or else I'm buying a rails kit for it
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Player Info
Geo: Local

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 4:33 am

As mentioned in the other thread, you might like SRC. Check out http://www.surplusig.com/19/66/Auto_Electric_Guns.html

SRC mech boxes are well built from what i've seen. Personally i'd rather not deal with some of the proprietary parts from ICS. The gearbox, and certain little parts that might be harder to replace, and more expensive. Although i have heard great things about the ICS split gearbox.

KWA is another high quality non-full metal brand. Competing prices and quality to SRC from what i understand.

I'd steer away from G&G myself. I seen and dealt with too many issues with their guns.
Back to top Go down
Acorn
PG MEM
PG MEM
Acorn

Player Info

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 12:28 am

okay I found this: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=79668&highlight=m16

guy was asking $500 for the whole kit (8 mags, 4 hi-cap)

I want a different battery so I may be able to talk him down from the sale price... what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 3:42 am

Its not too bad of a deal. I'd suggest looking into getting one with a metal body. Since China started offering half-decent clones the prices of a metal body M4 will run you anywhere from $400-$$$$. Back in the day, a TM M4 would run you at least $500 stock. For the extra 'confidence' a metal body gives you, its worth spending the extra to buy one with a gun.

Try to find one that isn't 'custom' built. There are so many things that come into play when building a gun and some guys don't take the time to research their stuff before building. They just throw whatever is cool or cheap. Result is a horrible sounding gun, pooched hop ups, and an unhappy Acron.

I'd stay away from the clear stuff from both ICS and G&G. Try to find a good used TM or an older CA or ICS. Of course if you find a cheap G&P take it. I've found 3 full metal ICS M4's for under $350 over the years. It just takes some time, and patience. Remember, there will always be another. Especially now-a-days, buy the gun you want - don't just settle and build. It'll cost you dearly and you'll end up spending much more than you put out.

Hope that helps

Last edited by beach_boy on Sat 27 Mar 2010, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 4:33 am

My first M4 was an SRC and I believe it made it to my second game before the gears stripped.

I love the split mechbox on my ICS C15, but it is definitely a bit tougher getting some of the parts.
Back to top Go down
Lucuis
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn
Lucuis

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Player Info

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010, 3:39 am

What gen SRC twsmith? I heard the 1st and 2nd gen weren't very good. But the 3rd Gen is awesome, good reviews from a lot of people, including Ken from 007. Hes' got a vid up showing the innards of the mechbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkMbkLoNEE&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010, 12:01 pm

If I remember right that SRC Wayne had also died when it was close to -15c. If I remember right we were in the cab of the semi being shot to heck by doug.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010, 1:03 pm

Lasted a bit longer than that, died during the last deathmatch game of the day after a couple kills. -15 sounds about right, but that shouldn't cause gears to strip. I could see tappet breaking or piston getting stripped, but I believe it was the sector gear that lost 3 teeth. I've used my ICS in similar weather with no problems multiple times and both my SRC and my ICS were Gen 1. The only things I've had to replace on my ICS were the bushings when the original plastic ones wore out and a piston after I had a stiffer spring installed. The gears have been great. Top end of mechbox is super easy to work on and you can have a drop in upper mechbox to switch fps in a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
rustyfender
NIA New
NIA New
rustyfender

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Player Info
Geo: College hieghts

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010, 8:10 pm

i bet that at -15 the gears got to brittle to stand up to the punishment and thats what caused them to loose teeth
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 12:11 am

Just thought I'd point out that all the other guns out that day were fine. But then again, they were TM's.

If you're planning to stay playing for a while, its worth putting out the money for a good gun. Don't waste your time and money buying cheap rip offs... unless you're trying to make a buck and having tons of rentals.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 5:44 pm

beach_boy wrote:
Don't waste your time and money buying cheap rip offs... unless you're trying to make a buck and having tons of rentals.

low blow Mike...low blow...not all of us need to own a systema...hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Player Info
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 6:47 pm

Haha, let me re-phrase: spend your money on an original, not a knock off. Stay with tried, tested and true brands (and I'm not being the clearsoft stuff): G&P, TM, CA, ICS, Systema, VFC.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Player Info
Tags:

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 9:19 pm

I would agree with that to some extent, especially with version 2 mechboxes in M4/M16 TM clones.

I haven't had any problems with either of my Kraken AK's though, version 3 mechboxes kick ass! If you want something you can do all kinds of mods to with a version 3 mechbox go with a G36. Currently have 2 TM G36's and my two Kraken AK's, no problems with any of them yet... knock wood! Smile

beach_boy wrote:
Haha, let me re-phrase: spend your money on an original, not a knock off. Stay with tried, tested and true brands (and I'm not being the clearsoft stuff): G&P, TM, CA, ICS, Systema, VFC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

M4/16 discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: M4/16 discussion   M4/16 discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

M4/16 discussion
Page 1 of 1