N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: The Cariboo!
Tags:

Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! Empty
PostSubject: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 10:02 pm

So Saturday I walk into the firing range ready to drop another $50 into ammunition when I spy two armed forces in full cadpat standing there listening to the whole safety speech. Kinda ironic if you ask me and I snickered at it (since I was at the range only days before and qualified for everything [plus holster usage] I didn't have to take the "safety speech"). Well one of them heard me and thought I was laughing at them.

Words were exchanged (mostly me apologizing lol) and a little threeway shooting "competition" took place (my ammunition was covered under "government training" so I only had to pay the range fee of $18!). The targets were moved from the normal 25 feet back to the 50 foot mark. This isn't as easy as it sounds... Id have given anything for my SAM-R with it's scope at this moment lol!

I picked up the Glock 17 that I had used earlier (chambered in 9mm) as it was the most decent shooting out of the bunch (the beretta was in terrible shape). I certainly didn't get first but I held my own (the poor guy with the beretta was almost embarrased until I explained that it was a POS). The other guy with a bloody Browning Hi-power which I can only guess was .45 was just amazing! I have never seen someone shoot like that outside of a movie!

I'll post pictures of the targets tonight. My first couple shots were going pretty wide but the grouping started coming down smaller and smaller. The groupings on the beretta were EVERYWHERE! I swear that gun didn't shoot the same place twice even when it was in the clamp!

After we were done I said thank you of course and we all left with a different respect for each other.

It's weird though, everywhere you turn in Cold Lake you see Cadpat! First time I was in a lineup and turned around and almost bumped noses with this woman (cadpat, black boots, berret) and almost called "mercy"....

Airsoft has really screwed my senses of camo all to hell lol!
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 10:18 pm

Here are the pics of the target. We each fired 2 mags worth....

Targets were $2 each (first one free) and there was a standard target, zombies, a cactus cowboy guy, and a deer I think it was. I took the zombies for something a little closer to home.

Send Em Back to Hell!
Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! Dscf0576qx0.th

Closeup (like I said first couple shots sucked then grouping got better)
Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! Dscf0577ue6.th

My last shot I thought I'd go for a different target....
Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! Dscf0578sc8.th

Here's the website for the shooting range:
http://www.shootingcentre.com/
Back to top Go down
macguyver
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
macguyver

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 10:40 pm

I've shot with guys who use the 50 and 100m (that's right, metres, not feet) with a .45 and I have a hell of a time with a 25m and a .40. I've tried 10m and I'm much better, but 9mm is tough at ranges longer than that.

Most handgun battles occur at 21 feet or less.
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 11:16 pm

macguyver wrote:
I've shot with guys who use the 50 and 100m (that's right, metres, not feet) with a .45 and I have a hell of a time with a 25m and a .40. I've tried 10m and I'm much better, but 9mm is tough at ranges longer than that.

When I took the pistol course with the Sig 226 in 9mm it was all at 25-35 feet! The sad part is using a "public" sidearm means that they aren't very well taken care of....

Like I said, the one soldier with that Beretta was pissed! I've got a target here where I used the beretta and I was lucky to hit the center even ONCE!

macguyver wrote:
Most handgun battles occur at 21 feet or less.

CADPAT: "MERCY!"
MULTICAM: "Wha...?"

*PISTOL WHIP*

MULTICAM: "OOMPH!"
CADPAT: "Victory is mine!"

But yeah we were taught that over 30 feet, you don't want to put your life on the line. Thus why RCMP officers empty a whole mag at someone. That whole Marine "two to the chest and one to the head" is a bunch of BS. A friend of my dad's, his son is a Marine, and admitted that all that is teaching to that at least ONE of THREE rounds SHOULD his your target.
Back to top Go down
macguyver
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
macguyver

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyThu 28 Aug 2008, 11:58 pm

1 mag, 1 kill.
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 12:01 am

macguyver wrote:
1 mag, 1 kill.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
macguyver
-Visitor-
-Visitor-
macguyver

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 1:38 am

There's a group of guys I know that do defensive pistol (a modified, extreme version of IDPA if you will), and these guys train to dump a 7 round 1911 mag in under 3 seconds while advancing on a target.

I'm lucky if I can cock the gun and get off 2 rounds in 3 seconds.

I'm a better rifle shooter than pistol. Yeah, that's it!!
Back to top Go down
Drache
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Drache

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 11:37 am

macguyver wrote:
There's a group of guys I know that do defensive pistol (a modified, extreme version of IDPA if you will), and these guys train to dump a 7 round 1911 mag in under 3 seconds while advancing on a target.

I'm lucky if I can cock the gun and get off 2 rounds in 3 seconds.

I'm a better rifle shooter than pistol. Yeah, that's it!!

I've shot long distance competitions before although I wasn't as good as some of those guys (I think they were snipers secretly, which isnt allowed in this class) but I could out distance the average person. The two rules for the class were you must be a "novice" (couldn't be sniper, etc) and you must use factory load ammunition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!   Dont act cocky to Armed Forces! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dont act cocky to Armed Forces!
Page 1 of 1