N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JG AUG-A2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Local
Tags:

JG AUG-A2 Empty
PostSubject: JG AUG-A2   JG AUG-A2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2008, 1:00 am

I will make this a fairly short review.

FIRST IMPRESSION
I have owned two used TM AUGs that came with issues so getting a brand new AUG with everything working was awesome. Didn't notice any difference in the quality of the body (body was separated in the back a bit but it went together without much effort), as heavy as the TM. Very impressed.

SHOOTING
Stock it was shooting 345 with .2s. Decent rate of fire and good grouping at the distance of my house. No feeding issues at all with the high cap.

ESTHETICS

Not sure if that is how you spell that. The little gas valve thing that everyone looses was still on so how could you not be impressed! Fire selector feals a little looser than the TM but still works fine. The reciever apears to be painted (painted well) which was never noticable on the TMs. Iron sights that it comes with are plastic and a bit of a joke. They slide and they have a little rotating piece so ethier one can be the front or rear sight.

ACCESORIES
Mag seems to work fine and is a few shades darker than the TM. Battery is lasting OK so far and has a good rate of fire. Charger is made for over seas. came with cleaning rod and booklet. Booklet is hilarous...box is funny too.

INTERALS/WORKING ON THE GUN
Chinese copies strike agian! Getting the mechbox out is really easy but took more work than the TM. Remove two screws and it should just drop out when banged on the floor. I had to pry it out and undo a screw in the body to get it back in. Not a real big deal but still unexpected. The gas port stayed together which is way better than the exploding TM ones. Gas cover sits on top of the mech box.

Opening it up there was a vasaline lube everywhere. Some on the outside of the cylnder, tonnes on gears...everywhere. Ported cylnder was weird. CHECK PIC. Never seen a ported cylnder for a 510mm barrel. Everything else looked chinese in there. Off white plastics and what seem like heavier duty gears than TM is putting out.

I put the para front end on with an M4 tight bore on it. Everything came apart really well and it took no time. Hop up looks identical to TM. Rubber on hop-up seemed goopy and soft...note to self...replace hop up sometime soonish. Inner barrel went in with no problem. Attaching outer barrel to gasblock took some exacto knifing. Chinese outer barrel to TM gas block not totally compatible but it's working fine now.

After shimming and lubing the rate of fire has gone up. I am going to add metal bushings, torque gears and probably call it a day for this gun.

OVERALL
Overall I am really impressed. The para front end is shootig great (always missfed with TM) and I am way to happy for the price (around $350 shipped). My word how could you not be happy with an AUG? The para front end gives me an M4 length inner barrel with the overall length 2 inches longer than a p90. With regular outer barrel m16 length barrel with m4 length. Mags can be a bummer to find and catch on gear but just don't use m4 shingles and your golden. Love this gun, don't buy the TM. Here are some pics to go along with the adventure.

JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1625
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1624
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1623
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1622
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

JG AUG-A2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG AUG-A2   JG AUG-A2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2008, 1:11 am

JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1635
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1634
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1633
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1632
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1631
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1630
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1629
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1628
JG AUG-A2 Th_DSCF1627
Back to top Go down
killswitch-187
PG MEM
PG MEM
killswitch-187

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Player Info
Geo: PG
Tags:

JG AUG-A2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG AUG-A2   JG AUG-A2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2008, 5:25 pm

nice dave, i can honestly say that aug looks pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
Yuurei
PG MEM
PG MEM
Yuurei

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2005-12-18

Player Info
Geo: Prince George
Tags:

JG AUG-A2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG AUG-A2   JG AUG-A2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2008, 11:18 pm

I love how the manual shows the mag as an 'optional part'. Couldn't stop laughing. Dave, you should opt not to use the mag at the next game.
Back to top Go down
the spork of death
NIA New
NIA New
the spork of death

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2006-03-16

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

JG AUG-A2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG AUG-A2   JG AUG-A2 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2008, 10:34 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

JG AUG-A2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG AUG-A2   JG AUG-A2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008, 1:04 am

I'll shoot it upside down feeding BBs in one at a time into the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JG AUG-A2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG AUG-A2   JG AUG-A2 Empty

Back to top Go down

JG AUG-A2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft :: Quatermaster :: Review-
Jump to: