N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FPS and gear box stress.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NIA New
NIA New

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Unspecified
Tags: ---

FPS and gear box stress. Empty
PostSubject: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 7:02 pm

My stock JG G36C must have shot around 360 fps, which is faster than the JG G36 I bought last year. I think it was around 340 or so.

Dave added some cool parts to my gun while I watched and tried to learn: bushings, tight bore 6.02 barrel, poly carb piston, and bearing spring guide. Thanks, Dave!
The gun now shoots in the neighbourhood of 425 fps.
Here's my question: does the fact that my gun shoots so much faster than earlier mean that the gearbox is under more stress than it was 'stock' at 360? After all, I haven't replaced the spring with a stiffer one or anything. My fps gain is due to other upgrades.
I'm thinking not. I think it's just more efficient.
I have on order reinforced gears ( figured that would help with the stress of the original spring ), bearing piston head, cylinder head, and G36 nozzle.
I suspect I will even get more fps with these new upgrades... great for woodlands.
I do however, want to get a stock spring...TM or other, for CQB. I hope that the stock spring and these upgrades will put me around 330 or so. My last upgrade ( yeah right ) would be a 9.6 volt battery. I'd just swap out the spring depending on venue.
Back to top Go down
twsmith
CMob MEM
CMob MEM
twsmith

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2005-11-25

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Moberly Lake
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptySun 02 Mar 2008, 11:10 pm

The tight bore and the piston head along with better lubrication and a better seal in the cylinder likely resulted in the increase. There might be more force required to draw the piston back due to the better seal and that could put more stress on your gears and tappet. I'm not familiar with the version 3 gear box though so maybe the tappet isn't as weak as on version 2's? I think the increase is a testament to how overpowered the stock springs are in JG guns to begin with.

How is your rate of fire with mini batteries? I'm planning on running my TM G36 with a large battery if I can find an AN/PEQ battery holder. Then I'm going to have Dave throw in a spring to boost it up to around 350 or 360 as I only plan on using it for outdoor field games. You may be better off finding a happy medium rather than changing your spring out every time we switch venues. Smile
Back to top Go down
NIA New
NIA New

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyMon 03 Mar 2008, 12:51 am

You know, I am quite happy with the rof with the 8.4 battery. Not bad at all. And yeah, you're right about the happy medium thing. I really would like the gun to shoot around 340 or so with a stock TM spring using all the upgrades, and a 9.6 for even better rof.

Ideally I really would like to get a G3 Sg1 for outdoor games...with twins on the way, I will have to wait a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2005-10-26

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyTue 04 Mar 2008, 11:32 pm

I would say that even stock, since JG are shooting pretty hot stock that there will be added stress to your box. It is just as any gearbox, if you upgrade it to shoot harder and faster of course it will wear down faster.

I would stick with the stock battery, as the 9.6v will only raise your ROF, and since your 8.4v is powerful enough to push your spring as is you are fine to stick with your 8.4v. The only thing a 9.6v would be good for is if you made your gun into a support weapon.

And as for the G3 SG1... don't bother, I owned one and there's too much plastic and metal bodies are none existent, well in Canada its pretty much slim to none, and if you find out it will be more than your gun. Guess its alright if you don't mind the creaky-ness, and guess its a bit different that Dave and I have the upgrading business going.
Back to top Go down
NIA New
NIA New

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyWed 05 Mar 2008, 1:03 am

I was thinking of the classic army version...mainly metal from what I hear.

Wow...low powered springs are hard to find in stock. Promometheus MS90 SP is the lowest one I can currently find...
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Number of posts : 3838

Player Info
Geo: Local
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyWed 05 Mar 2008, 1:11 am

where did you find that MS90? I can't find any 340-350 FPS springs anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nlbc.bc.ca
NIA New
NIA New

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyWed 05 Mar 2008, 1:16 am

airsoftparts.ca
Hey Dave,
Up for one more upgrade session? With any luck, we can trim down the time considerably for you...now that we have seen some of the interesting idiosynchrasies of the JG.
Back to top Go down
beach_boy
PG ADMIN
PG ADMIN
beach_boy

Number of posts : 817

Player Info
Geo: Caronport, SK [Temporary]
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyWed 05 Mar 2008, 1:52 am

Yup got me on that one, CA makes a great one, think Lerch on ASC had one on the boards for over 6 months in the buy & sell, but I'm sure its long gone. Just remember to switch out the piston, and piston head.

Dave I think there are a few guys selling their stock springs. I'm sure leiwin might have a spare one kicking around too.
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyWed 05 Mar 2008, 10:07 am

CDN_Stalker was just giving them away if I paid shipping. I think I need to take that offer as I have run out.

I would be up for another evening to finish up that gun.
Back to top Go down
NIA New
NIA New

Player Info

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyWed 05 Mar 2008, 11:25 am

Cool...thanks, Dave. Parts should arrive today...
Oh, if that Stalker guy has more, I'll pay for half of the shipping to get one too!
Back to top Go down
Hortons Heros
Toast
Toast
Hortons Heros

Player Info
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. EmptyWed 05 Mar 2008, 2:16 pm

I just sent him a message about gettng stock springs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FPS and gear box stress.   FPS and gear box stress. Empty

Back to top Go down

FPS and gear box stress.
Page 1 of 1