N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.I.A.- Northern Interior Airsoft

GO TO https://www.facebook.com/groups/158383917586946/ FOR CURRENT NIA UPDATES. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Riot shield

Go down 
+8
twsmith
Hortons Heros
the spork of death
Yuurei
Knightwarrier
=Daes=
Aedomon
killswitch-187
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wookie_man
NIA New
NIA New
wookie_man

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-13

Player Info
Club Status: ---
Geo: Located in Hart
Tags: ---

Riot shield - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot shield   Riot shield - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2009, 5:01 pm

I think that if we use riot shields for anything than it should be in a way that has adjustable rules on the fly per game and narrow down the fairness.

1) As a starter, maybe all riot shields are a small size, covers torso area. If someone opts to use it than they either use a single handed weapon like a pistol or Mac10 (Mp5 i dont think counts)

2) (a) A person has no weapons but a shield and follows a teammate to provide mobile cover. If the teammate who is providing cover goes down, the other member may not pick up the shield.
(b) The if the shield person does a bad job and his teammate is shot or wounded, the shield person may switch to protect another teammate, or lose their shield (for the game) and use a weapon.

3)anything else to add?
Back to top Go down
http://prod.noveis.net/index.php
wookie_man
NIA New
NIA New
wookie_man

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-13

Player Info
Geo: Located in Hart
Tags: ---

PostSubject: Re: Riot shield   Riot shield - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2009, 5:53 pm

Back to top Go down
http://prod.noveis.net/index.php
Jensenman
PG MEM Grn
PG MEM Grn

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Player Info
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Riot shield   Riot shield - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2009, 3:18 pm

We actually used a riot shield last year for cqb. It worked wonders for anyone under 6ft. Me being 6'4 had alittle bit more difficulting crouching down to 3ft and still move. I dont know how dave does it...
Back to top Go down
Gryph
PG MEM
PG MEM
Gryph

Number of posts : 720
Location : Prince George, Cheif Lk. area (Pilot Mountain district)
Registration date : 2006-03-15

Player Info
Club Status: Member
Geo: Unspecified
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Riot shield   Riot shield - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2009, 8:02 pm

He usually had me sniping any part that stuck out so he learned fast.
Back to top Go down
Aedomon
Quesnel MEM
Quesnel MEM
Aedomon

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Player Info
Geo: West Side
Tags:

PostSubject: Re: Riot shield   Riot shield - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 3:34 pm

Since Wookie PMed and asked for the details on the Lexan bit, I figured I may as well toss up the specs here if anybody else is interested.

First, cut the lexan to the shape you want and bake it at 350F for about 30 minutes (depending on thickness) or until it becomes pliable. With sufficient hand/body protection, mold the lexan over a blank or wooden forms to the desired shape. Once it has cooled, add on some edging or simply sand down the edges. Handles are as easy as drilling your holes and mounting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riot shield   Riot shield - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Riot shield
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2